The weather in Madison County can be unforgiving and put your home’s roof to the test. When hail or relentless wind gets the best of it, you might need to make an insurance claim to cover the cost of repairs. At Reflex Roofing and Construction, we not only help you fix damage after disaster strikes, but we can help you file a successful claim for your home’s roof too. To see that you get all that you deserve for your home, get our help today.
How to File an Insurance Claim for Your Roof
Filing an insurance claim for damage your roof sustained in a storm or another type of disaster can be difficult to do. It requires a lot of documentation, and there are many pitfalls to be wary of that could jeopardize your claim or cause you to get less compensation than you need.
To help you navigate the claims process, we have compiled a list of things you should absolutely know about filing an insurance claim:
- It is important to know what your policy covers. This might go without saying, but before you ever attempt to make a claim, you should know whether it is possible for your insurance company to compensate you for repairs. Typically, providers cover unexpected damage from fires, wind, hail, or flooding.
- You should also know what your deductible is. Many homeowners’ insurance policies have deductibles, which is the amount you must pay out of pocket before receiving money from your provider. Some deductibles can increase for certain types of disasters like wind or hail.
- Get an estimate from a trusted roofer. Insurance companies will not have your best interest in mind. When they send their adjuster to assess the damage, they will likely only account for the bare minimum that you need in repairs. Before your provider sends someone out, be sure to have a roofing contractor inspect your roof and provide a detailed report of the full extent of the damage.
- Start the claims process as soon as you can. Successfully filing a claim can take a long time. The sooner you get the process started, the quicker you can get money for your home’s repairs.
- Keep your receipts and records of communication. Doing this helps ensure that you have grounds to get all the compensation you need, and that you can hold an insurance company to its word.
Local Roofers with the Experience to Help Your Insurance Claim
One of the most significant things that our contractors can do to aid the success of your roof insurance claim in Ridgeland is thoroughly inspect your property’s damage. After our inspection, we can let you know whether the necessary repairs are significant enough to warrant a claim. We can also provide you with a professional report on the extent of the damage and what your home needs, which you can submit to the insurance company.
When your provider sends their adjuster to appraise your property’s repairs, we can also be on hand to help you communicate with the adjuster and ensure that they account for all that you need. At Reflex Roofing and Construction, we have years of experience helping homeowners in Ridgeland and throughout Madison County work with their insurance company to cover the cost of expensive repairs. Trust us to help you navigate the claims process, from start to finish. Contact our team for assistance.
As a way to thank our communities’ local heroes, we also offer a 10% discount to firefighters, law enforcement, first responders, veterans, healthcare workers, and teachers.
We are proud of our community’s heroes who fight for the health, safety, and betterment of ourselves, our families, and our neighbors in Ridgeland and Madison County.
As a company that helps homeowners repair their properties after severe weather, we want you to trust that neither the price of our services will be unfair, nor will we ever compromise on quality.
When you give us a call, we will be there. For quality roofing and remodeling you can count on now and in the future, get the help of Reflex Roofing and Construction.
For your safety, it is important that you call a professional roofer immediately if your home has sustained serious damage. Inspecting it yourself, even from your attic or home’s top floor, can be dangerous. At Reflex Roofing and Construction, we offer same-day service that can help you get crucial repairs and a safe damage assessment, when you need them.
Additional things you should do include the following:
- Get only one estimate for repairs. If you have multiple, your insurance company is likely to accept the lowest estimate, which might not be enough for what you need.
- When you make a decision about new roofing materials, pick something that is more durable than what you had before. Doing so can increase the likelihood that your insurance provider will accept your claim, and they might also offer a discount on your premiums for installing the higher quality materials.
- Know that you are entitled to a fair settlement. Insurance companies will do what they can to pay as little as possible for your claim. Getting an estimate from our contractors and allowing us to communicate with the insurance company about what your home needs can help you avoid getting insufficient compensation.
- Be wary of companies that travel to our area after storms and offer repairs that seem too good to be true. Our team at Reflex Roofing and Construction has been in business since 2014 and we perform our quality services in the same communities where we live year-round.